Masterclass & Site Tour: Tuesday, 25 July 2017
8:30 am - 1:00 pm Managing the Technical, Organizational and Operational Changes in the Rolling Stock Industry
The digital and organisational disruption within the Australian rail sector effects over 110 000 employees currently employed within the industry. This Masterclass is for managers who are currently going through such restructuring and need practical strategies for change management, while still delivering high-quality service to the 2.3 million passengers travelling by rail each day. It will also tackle the issue of de-siloing notoriously fragmented departments within rail networks. The Masterclass will cover the technical, organisational and cultural aspects of change in working practices in order to improve efficiency, productivity and innovation. This session will discuss:
- Benefits of change management practises in Rolling Stock, and key outcomes
- Organisational and Procedural changes revolving around change management and competence training
- Technical Specifications of what has to change in order to reach these outcomes
- Stakeholder engagement: Ensuring buy in from staff and senior-level managers
- Creating top-down culture change that demonstrates cohesive leadership across departments
- Creating common goals and encourage collaboration to achieving shared objectives
1:30 pm - 5:00 pm Site Tour of Waratah Trains at the Auburn Maintenance Centre
This site tour is the perfect opportunity to explore the new Waratah Maintenance Centre, with capacity for 1,000 cars, an automatic train wash plant, and an under floor wheel profiling lathe.
Reliance Rail's Auburn Maintenance Centre was contracted to Downer EDI Rail. It opened in 2010, and will be the site of the Waratah fleet maintenance for at least 30 years.