Rail Industry Safety and Standards Board (RISSB)
RISSB is an accredited organisation certified to develop Australian Standards in the fields of rolling stock, railway infrastructure and railway operations. As such, it is pertinent to hear their perspective on the ways in which standardising industry regulation is to the benefit to the lifecycle of both rolling stock and the networks they operate in. This session will discuss:
- Standardising asset management to improve ROI by ensuring lifecycles can be extended
- The benefits of risk mitigation and asset management in third party contracts to ensure high-quality builds
- The future of standards in Australia: improving on bogies and glazing in Australian rolling stock
4:10 PM PANEL DISCUSSION: Managing Rolling Stock in the Context of its Network to Improve Service Delivery
How should Rolling Stock operate in your network? It’s a question that acknowledges how every single component of Rolling Stock impacts the network it runs in, from its weight on track life-cycle to power consumption and impact on overhead wiring. This session will focus on management strategies that place service delivery at the core of rolling stock purchase, maintenance and asset planning. This panel discussion will ask:
- What are effective integrated management and junior level management strategies for service delivery?
- How can organisations find the right balance between infrastructure change and rolling stock change?
- What are some benefits and challenges to running a thorough audit to ensure new fleets meet the demands of the network?
- As Australia’s population grows and centralises, how can Rolling Stock managers expect their roles to change?