Strategies and Solutions for Managers to:
- Identify areas for improvement in current asset management practises
- Discuss the benefits of best case use of asset management
- Decide what a good culture of asset management looks like, and the current barriers and solutions to achieving it
4:10 PM PANEL DISCUSSION: Managing Rolling Stock in the Context of its Network to Improve Service Delivery
How should Rolling Stock operate in your network? It’s a question that acknowledges how every single component of Rolling Stock impacts the network it runs in, from its weight on track life-cycle to power consumption and impact on overhead wiring. This session will focus on management strategies that place service delivery at the core of rolling stock purchase, maintenance and asset planning. This panel discussion will ask:
- What are effective integrated management and junior level management strategies for service delivery?
- How can organisations find the right balance between infrastructure change and rolling stock change?
- What are some benefits and challenges to running a thorough audit to ensure new fleets meet the demands of the network?
- As Australia’s population grows and centralises, how can Rolling Stock managers expect their roles to change?