Additional Content Download
In this presentation from Rolling Stock 2016, Colin Kingham, Manager of Transformation and Special Projects at Yarra Trams, explores the journey that Yarra Trams embarked upon to optimise maintenance operations, with a strong focus on the transformational work that has occurred at our Preston Workshop site.
In this presentation from Rolling Stock 2016, Jasbir Tumber General Manager, Fleet Maintenance, Transport Sydney Trains, takes a step back from the technical aspects of rolling stock and explores how to improve the availability and capacity of networks and the culture and leaders that are needed to herald the change, including:
- What does a new age engineering manager look like
- What are the skills gap and how to overcome them
- Identifying key challenges that engineering managers face on a day to day basis and how to overcome this
- Gearing up a team of leaders for continous
Examining A Developing Major Project To Derive Lessons On How To Incentivise Successful Maintenance Over The Life Of A New Fleet
In this presentation from Rolling Stock 2016, Malcolm Taylor, Head of Technical Information at Crossrail (UK), provides an in-depth analysis of Crossrail’s asset management model, maintenance planning processes and Crossrail’s future endeavours, including:
- Understanding the Crossrail approach to procuring maintenance as part of the acquisition of a completely new fleet
- Incentivising cost-effective maintenance over the life of the train
- Recognising the maintenance implications of procuring and operating a modern train with ‘state of the art’ performance and passenger amenities
In this article, Martin Donohoe, Technical Executive at Parsons Brinckerhoff, shares insight into light rail maintenance best practices. And in this article, we examine and four steps that operators and maintainers can take to prevent asset failure, extend lifecycles and exceed availability targets at the same time.
This article explores 5 key strategies international and Australian rail operators and owners are using to improve the resilience and reliability of rolling stock and how they are extending fleet lifecycles through effective asset management.
In this case study, Falco Mooren, Project Manager at NS explores the specific steps NS has taken to roll-out remote condition monitoring successfully, the major lessons learned from the journey so far and the benefits realised from both an operational and customer perspective.
In this article, Peter Lindqvist,Rolling Stock Engineer at South Australia’s Department of Planning Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) explores the steps his team is taking to upgrade and maintain rolling stock assets to improve their reliability and stability in the future.